- PHILLIPS: The benefits of defying ‘common wisdom’
- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region; Pentagon denies
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
By David A. Clarke Jr.
Blame Washington's intelligence failure, not lack of police
Topic - Dave Magadan
Manny Ramirez is apparently cutting his long dreadlocks for another shot at the major leagues.
They played very expeditiously yesterday at Nationals Park. Bud Selig - the Master of "Go Faster!" - would have been proud. Had the Nats' 4-3 loss to the Brewers not been extended to extra innings, the game would have been completed in a succinct 2 hours, 34 minutes.
Bud Selig, concerned that baseball is boring Generation Xbox, keeps trying to nudge the players back in the batter's box. It's a near-impossible task.
"There were some bridges that were burned in Boston," Magadan said. "It was unfortunate the way it ended up there because he did a lot of good things while he was there. But in the end it wasn't pretty."
"I haven't really seen him on video, just a couple of highlights I've seen from some of his home runs in Taiwan," Magadan said. "We'll see how it goes when he gets to Round Rock and see what kind of shape he's in and see if he can still swing it."