- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
By Drew Johnson
Inept government shouldn't be entrusted with the power to kill its citizens
Topic - Dave Marash
Like most television news outlets, Al Jazeera English will station reporters in New York and Washington on Sunday to mark the 10th anniversary of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks. It also will have reporters on hand in Baghdad, Bali, Nairobi, Kabul and Islamabad.
He added: "Now, there is poverty in America, and there is a very wide gulf between rich and poor in America, and that is a trend for which there are stories to be reported. But this series reported nothing beyond the stereotype and the mere fact that there were homeless people living on the street in Baltimore, for example. Well, were they there as a consequence of mental illness that was not properly cared for because of a generation of a policy of deinstitutionalization? Al Jazeera didn't know because they didn't ask."
Asked by the Columbia Journalism Review to provide examples of lousy stories, Mr. Marash said: