- Michigan man among first in U.S. to get ‘bionic eye’
- JetBlue pilots vote to unionize; 2 previous attempts failed
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with ‘full-time’ robots
- Navy’s military dolphins may meet Putin’s porpoises in Black Sea
- Forget the Porsche — it’s the guy with the Prius that attracts the ladies, poll shows
- Fired Russian Facebook CEO says site has fallen in the hands of pro-Putin supporters
- Sen. Boozman of Arkansas has emergency heart surgery
- Brazil embraces drones to save the Amazon rain forest
- Teen stowaway shows holes in vast airport security
- Supreme Court to decide if passports can say ‘Jerusalem, Israel’
Latest Dave Wannstedt Items
Miami (Ohio) coach Michael Haywood, known for his fiery speeches and CEO-like leadership skills, has been chosen by Pitt to succeed Dave Wannstedt as coach.
Pitt is expected to introduce Miami (Ohio) football coach Michael Haywood as Dave Wannstedt's successor at a news conference Thursday.
Dave Wannstedt is out as Pitt football coach following a disappointing season in which the Panthers were big favorites to win a weak Big East Conference, only to finish 7-5 and qualify for a minor bowl.
Pitt leads the Big East Conference despite going nearly a full season without its offense living up to expectations.
When Dion Lewis read his stats line at the end of each game, it almost seemed as if he was looking at the numbers for another player.
Beating Notre Dame for a third consecutive season might be a lot easier for Pittsburgh if it had the Dion Lewis and Jon Baldwin of last season.
Bad times have returned to the Big East.
A Pitt defensive back who was kicked off the team hours before the Panthers' 31-3 loss to Miami had been arrested the night before for allegedly assaulting his girlfriend after she told him she was pregnant.
Mark Ingram of Alabama won the Heisman Trophy a year ago, but he's not the leading returning rusher in the nation. Pittsburgh's Dion Lewis is.