- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest David Beckham Items
David Beckham, sporting designer underwear, is making appearances around New York City — in the form of 10-foot-tall metallic statues, that is.
Through the first half of D.C. United's 2012 campaign, one formula has largely sparked the club's surge up the standings: Dwayne De Rosario does the passing, Chris Pontius does the scoring.
To Major League Soccer, the All-Star Game in recent years had become, in some regards, a sore subject. Envisioned as a spotlight for the league's top talent, the midsummer spectacle instead developed into an arbitrary symbol for how far soccer in the U.S. still has to go.
NASCAR was recognized for its efforts in social change at the Beyond Sport's annual summit on Wednesday.
At 34 years old, Chelsea FC midfielder Frank Lampard has experienced his fair share of American tours. And over time, one thing has become clear: The "beautiful game" is growing.
Back in his playing days with D.C. United, Ben Olsen relished the chance to test himself when European giants came across the pond. Sure, the friendlies didn't count in the standings. But no matter the stage, going head-to-head with world-class talent is a special experience.
Once the Centre Court roof was closed, nothing could stop Roger Federer from winning his record-tying seventh Wimbledon title. The 30-year-old Federer finally equaled Pete Sampras' record at the All England Club, and won his 17th Grand Slam title overall, by beating Andy Murray 4-6, 7-5, 6-3, 6-4 Sunday.
Hope turned to disappointment one more time for Andy Murray and British tennis.
D.C. United coach Ben Olsen will be in charge of at least one familiar face when he leads the MLS All-Stars against Chelsea FC later this month, as United captain Dwayne De Rosario was named Sunday to the fan-voted All-Star First XI.