- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford flubs daylight saving time advice: ‘Turn your clocks back’
- Americans don’t support sending U.S. troops to Ukraine
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt ‘Boss Hogg’ town from map
- N.C. math whiz to unveil secret of March Madness picks
- An appealing offer: Chiquita merges with Fyffes to make world’s largest banana firm
- Amnesty International says Syria guilty of war crimes for food blockade
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: ‘We are going to crush them’
- Adam Lanza’s dad: He would’ve killed me ‘in a heartbeat’
- North Korea holds election: 100% turnout, Kim Jong-un gets — 100% of vote
- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - David Blitzer
Philadelphia 76ers owner Josh Harris is the new owner of the New Jersey Devils.
The U.S. government is taking advantage of General Motors' return to the S&P 500 index and recent rising stock prices to sell off another 30 million shares in the nation's No. 1 car manufacturer that it acquired in the auto bailout, the Obama administration announced Wednesday.
Home prices rose in most major U.S. cities in October compared with a year ago, pushed up by rising sales and a decline in the supply of available homes. Higher prices show the housing market is improving even as it moves into the more dormant fall and winter sales period.
Home prices rose in August in nearly all U.S. cities, and many of the markets hit hardest during the economic crisis are starting to show sustained gains. The increases are the latest evidence of a steady housing recovery.
Home prices kept rising in July across the United States, buoyed by greater sales and fewer foreclosures.
Two sports executives have sued former Philadelphia 76ers owner Comcast-Spectacor seeking a $2 million finder's fee over the team's October sale.
In the end, the scene looked straight out of an ultimate Broadway encore. One and two owners on the stage turned into seven, eight, nine, all single file and holding enough personalized 76ers jerseys to fill a few racks at the merchandise store.
The Philadelphia 76ers have been sold to New York-based leveraged buyout specialist Joshua Harris, ending Comcast-Spectacor's 15-year run of ownership that included a trip to the NBA finals.
An index of home prices in big metropolitan areas has reached its lowest level since 2002, driven down by foreclosures, a glut of unsold homes, and the reluctance or inability of many to buy.
Home prices are falling across most of America's largest cities, and average prices in eight major markets have hit their lowest point since the housing bust.
Home prices and consumer confidence took a turn for the worse in recent weeks, economic reports said Tuesday.
"Putting a stock in the S&P 500 generates a lot of buying," said David Blitzer, chairmen of the S&P's index committee. "If you happen to be somebody with a lot of stock and you're thinking about selling it, it's a great time to sell."
"It is clear that the housing recovery is gaining strength," said David Blitzer, chairman of the index committee at S&P Dow Jones Indices.