- No mas: Principal bans Spanish language in intercom announcement
- Hacking software could put ‘zombie drone army’ in user’s hands
- Support for stricter gun laws drops: poll
- 10 whales dead, 41 others stranded in Everglades
- John Boehner faces bipartisan pressure to allow gay-rights vote
- Martin Bashir resigns from MSNBC over ‘ill-judged’ comments about Sarah Palin
- Rep. Duncan Hunter: While Obama prays for Iranian change, U.S. should ready its nukes
- Best company ever? Veteran Beer Co. exists to employ vets, provide quality beer
- Iran official: Sanctions ‘utterly failed’ to stop nuclear program
- ‘Black Santa’ display at IU sparks student outrage
By Tom Harris and Madhav Khandekar
Bad science puts rich nations on the hook for trillions in climate liabilities
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - David Clarkson
Maple Leafs goalie James Reimer made 49 saves and Joffrey Lupul scored the winner in the shootout to lift Toronto to a 2-1 win over the Washington Capitals.
Jaromir Jagr is still available. So is goalie Tim Thomas, who continues exploring whether to make a comeback after taking a season off.
Daniel Alfredsson bolted from the Ottawa Senators to sign with the Detroit Red Wings, sensing that was the best move he could make in his drive to win a championship before his career ends.
The puck has dropped on NHL free agency with a two-day negotiating window before players _ other than those whose contracts were recently bought out _ can sign Friday.
Bryce Salvador questioned himself. His entire career, coaches told the defenseman to stand in front of the net. Then Peter DeBoer came to the New Jersey Devils last season, armed with a new system that transformed the team's philosophy.
The Eastern Conference final between the New Jersey Devils and rival New York Rangers is turning out to be exactly what everyone thought.
Florida coach Kevin Dineen was fretting on the bench as the Panthers were trying to protect a two-goal lead, a mere minute away from taking a 3-2 lead over New Jersey in an Eastern Conference first-round playoff matchup.
"I think any time you get outshot, you look at it," said winger David Clarkson, who scored Toronto's only goal of the night on the power play in the second period. "But there was also a lot of good things we were doing. There's always things you can improve on, there's things you can get better at. But the big thing is finding a way to win, and right now we're doing that."
"He's always been someone that's really structured and stick to the system and believe in what works," Clarkson said. "If you believe what he tells you works and you do it, then you're going to be successful, and we proved that last year. We did pretty well and went pretty far with that."