- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
By Michael Widlanski
Leveling the battlefield to aid terrorists enables evil to fight on
Topic - david eisenhower
The commission handling the design and construction of the Dwight D. Eisenhower Memorial on Wednesday largely ignored recent criticism of the memorial design, choosing instead to unanimously approve the plan despite concerns over cost and concept.
As a young presidential speechwriter in the Nixon White House, I soon learned that underneath a rigidly enforced surface discipline, the place teemed with conflicts and contradictions, both personal and political. There was one thing, however, that everybody seemed to agree on: Julie Nixon Eisenhower was a good egg.
Mr. Eisenhower says attending a convention is an unforgettable experience that will stay with students their whole lives.
David Eisenhower said he liked the use of a V-E Day image and the freestanding columns that "seem to symbolize the upward emergence of the United States to world power in the mid-20th century," according to the minutes.