- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - David Ferrer
Top-seeded David Ferrer withdrew from his Mexican Open quarterfinal against South Africa' Kevin Anderson in the second set on Thursday due to a left thigh strain.
Andy Murray reached the quarterfinals of the Mexican Open with a 6-3, 6-4 win over Portugal's Joao Sousa on Thursday morning.
David Ferrer and Andy Murray, the top two seeded players in the Mexican Open, advanced to the second round on Tuesday while American and third-seeded John Isner became the first major casualty of the tournament, losing 7-6 (4) 7-6 (5) to Croatia's Ivo Karlovic.
Top-ranked Rafael Nadal survived a scare at the Rio Open on Saturday, fighting off two match points before defeating fellow Spaniard Pablo Andujar 2-6, 6-3, 7-6 (10) to advance to the final.
Top-seeded Rafael Nadal reached the semifinals of the Rio Open, showing no problems with a sore back in defeating Joao Sousa of Portugal 6-1, 6-0 on Friday.
Rafael Nadal showed no problem with his tender back in his second match since returning from the injury, defeating fellow Spaniard Albert Montanes 6-1, 6-2 to reach the quarterfinals of the Rio Open on Thursday.
Second-seeded David Ferrer overcame a tough first set to advance to the Rio Open quarterfinals with a 7-6 (2), 6-1 win over Argentina's Federico Delbonis on Wednesday.
Rafael Nadal showed no signs of a tender back Tuesday, defeating fellow Spaniard Daniel Gimeno-Traver 6-3, 7-5 in the first round of the Rio Open.
David Ferrer of Spain has won his third straight Copa Claro title, defeating Fabio Fognini 6-4, 6-3 Sunday on outdoor clay in the Argentine capital.
Top-seeded David Ferrer defeated fellow Spaniard Albert Ramos 6-1, 6-2 on Friday to reach the semifinals of the Copa Claro tournament in the Argentine capital.
Top-seeded David Ferrer and No. 2 Fabio Fognini of Italy will contest the final of the Copa Claro in the Argentine capital.
Second-seeded Fabio Fognini of Italy reached the quarterfinals of the Copa Claro Wednesday, defeating Leonardo Mayer of Argentina 6-7(4), 6-3, 6-2.
Third-seeded Tommy Robredo reached the second round of the Copa Claro clay court tournament with a 6-4, 6-4 win over fellow-Spaniard Pablo Carreno Busta on Monday.
Stanislas Wawrinka will replace David Ferrer as the world's No. 3 player after beating Rafael Nadal in the Sunday night's Australian Open final.
Ferrer said he will have scans on Friday and then assess his recovery.