- House and Senate negotiators reach two-year budget deal
- Congress seeks ban on in-flight calls
- Michelle Malkin’s Twitchy site sold to owners of Townhall, HotAir: report
- GM’s Barra to be first woman to run top American carmaker
- China: Poisonous smog is a military asset, if you think about it
- Texas woman admits to sending ricin to Obama
- Ron Paul on son Rand: ‘I think he probably will’ run for president
- Cold War heats up again in the Arctic: Russian airfield reactivated after 20 years
- 6-year-old boy suspended for sexual harassment over kiss
- Voters deciding Mass. congressional contest
Latest David Freitas Items
The Washington Nationals bolstered their inexperienced catching corps Friday afternoon, trading for Oakland Athletics catcher Kurt Suzuki in exchange for Single-A catcher David Freitas. Suzuki is expected to become the team's everyday catcher.
As the Nationals have gone about developing their farm system, they've amassed an embarrassment of riches at catcher. They're also facing a crossroads with some of that depth.
The front door of the cramped home clubhouse at 81-year-old Municipal Stadium opens directly into the main parking lot, where fans are free to wait for their heroes after Hagerstown Suns games. On Monday night, they congregated minutes after the final out and waited for one man.
It wasn’t quite Yankee Stadium or Nationals Park, but Chien-Ming Wang didn’t mind. He was just glad to be back on a pitcher’s mound Monday night.