- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - David Gill
With Manchester United in danger of missing out on the Champions League next season, Juan Mata's arrival at Old Trafford for a club record fee of 37.1 million pounds ($61.2 million) is certainly an emergency move. But it also marks the first step in the rebuilding process of England's most titled club.
Manchester United will attempt to make a smooth transition when Alex Ferguson leaves the dugout for the last time this month, with David Moyes expected to take over the managerial reins.
His move will deprive long-time manager Alex Ferguson of one of his closest confidants at the soccer club, taken over in 2005 by the Glazer family that also own the NFL's Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Manchester United chief executive David Gill said Wednesday he is to step down in June after a decade at the helm of one of the world's most valuable sporting clubs.
Is a scrap of papyrus suggesting that Jesus had a wife authentic?
Illinois Republican leaders have chosen a November ballot replacement for longtime Republican Rep. Timothy V. Johnson after he abruptly announced his retirement last month.
CHAMPAIGN, Ill. | Veteran U.S. Rep. Timothy V. Johnson intends to drop his bid for a seventh term and retire, a Republican official said Wednesday.
Manchester United chief executive David Gill has defended the club's American owners at a British parliamentary inquiry into English soccer.
Manchester United chief executive David Gill dismissed critics of the Glazer family on Tuesday and insisted that the Premier League club isn't negatively affected by debts of more than 500 million pounds ($812 million).
Saying "this is where I belong," Wayne Rooney ended a week of speculation about his future Friday by changing his mind and signing a five-year contract with Manchester United.
Wayne Rooney reversed course and agreed to a five-year contract with Manchester United on Friday, keeping him at the Premier League club until June 2015.
Wayne Rooney's future at Manchester United is yet to be determined after meetings were between the club and the striker's representatives on Thursday.
Wayne Rooney blamed Manchester United's failure to spend enough on strengthening its squad for his decision to refuse to sign a new contract with the 18-time English champions.
Wayne Rooney's desire to walk out on Manchester United has left the Premier League club facing the loss of a third world-class attacker in two years.
"In our two most successful eras _ with Sir Matt Busby (1945-1969) and then Sir Alex _ we had managers there who sort of got involved with the whole aspects of the club, whether it be from the youth team aspects, obviously up to the first team, all the aspects of it," Gill said.
"And that degree of loyalty ... is crucial to the success of Manchester United."