- Obama to give Africa $38M, but tells young leaders: Stop ‘making excuses’ for economy
- Diapered toddler crashes Jeep, runs home to watch cartoons
- Obama’s post re-election stats irk: 81 golf rounds, 75 fundraisers
- Number-crunchers put GOP chances of retaking Senate at 60 percent: report
- Ohio sheriff sends bill to Mexico for cost of jailing illegals
- Fla. voters’ support for medical marijuana bodes well for ballot measure: poll
- Keith Urban concert ends in ‘nutso’ chaos, with dozens arrested, injured
- Very religious still lean toward GOP, reflecting long-term patterns, Gallup poll shows
- Fist bump becoming all the rage for germ-wary handshakers
- Tennessee storms ravage counties, wreck 10 homes
Latest David Keene Items
Monica Crowley, a longtime contributor to Fox News Channel and host of a nationally syndicated talk show, has been named Online Opinion Editor of the news organization, reporting to The Times' Opinion Editor David Keene, beginning June 23.
It is not often that the veterans in Congress are singled out for recognition. In these days of extreme partisanship, it is helpful to remember that patriotism is not the sole possession of either party. The greatest sign of patriotism is military service, a distinction shared by 90 members of the House of Representatives and 38 senators.
Reince Priebus, Newt Gingrich, Glenn Beck, John R. Bolton and others around Washington react to the appointment Sunday of David Keene as the Washington Times opinion editor.
David Keene, a trusted adviser to presidents, a longtime champion of personal liberty and one of conservatism's most respected voices, was appointed Sunday as the new opinion editor of The Washington Times.
For the first time in over 20 years, gun control is at the top of the national political agenda. So a change in leadership at the powerful National Rifle Association (NRA) can affect the political dynamic. On Monday, Alabama attorney James “Jim” W. Porter II is set to take over as president of the board from David Keene. The NRA annual meeting in Houston, which starts Thursday, will mark the end of Mr. Keene’s two-year term.
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo is not only shredding the Constitution with new statewide gun-control laws, but he's doing so "on the altar of his own ambition," the NRA chief said at a rally outside the Capitol in Albany.
President Obama's State of the Union speech Tuesday was carefully staged to promote his gun-grabbing second-term agenda. Arrangements were made so TV cameras would pan to the faces of victims of gun violence in the House galleries.
Out of the flurry of ambitious gun control proposals in the wake of December's school shooting in Connecticut, expanded background checks on gun sales are fast emerging as the "sweet spot" — as one Senate Democratic leader put it — between what gun control advocates seek and what can actually attract bipartisan support in Congress.
In an exclusive interview with The Daily Caller, NRA President David Keene said gun-control activists threatened to kill his son and daughter.