- GOP hopes taking shutdown off the table with budget deal will pay dividends
- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
By Mangosuthu Buthelezi
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - david lawson
A federal judge shot down Michigan's ban on domestic partner health benefits for gay government workers, ruling Friday that the law was simply a punishment that targeted homosexuals.
The Detroit-area daughter of an ex-Chicago Bears player has been sentenced to six months in a halfway house for collecting about $70,000 from an NFL retirement fund after her dad died.
Like many other senior citizens, this group of Englishwomen keeps a close eye on goings-on in their neighborhood.
"It is hard to argue with a straight face that the primary purpose — indeed, perhaps the sole purpose — of the statute is other than to deny health benefits to the same-sex partners of public employees," said U.S. District Judge David Lawson, The Associated Press reported.
Detroit federal Judge David Lawson says Constance Helwig-Langlois (LANG'-loy) qualified for prison for the "serial crime."