- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - David Luiz
Manchester City midfielder Fernandinho was the surprise pick in a provisional Brazil squad for its final friendly next month before the World Cup squad is announced.
Chelsea became the latest leading Premier League side to see its ambitions stall at West Bromwich Albion as a 1-1 draw prevented the leaders from bolstering their position on Tuesday.
Videos warning soccer fans against paying for sex with children at the World Cup will be played on Brazil-bound flights from England.
Three years after being sold by Chelsea as a cheap makeweight in a transfer, Serbia midfielder Nemanja Matic made his return to the Premier League club for a fee of 25 million euros ($34 million) on Wednesday in what could be one of the biggest deals of the January window.
Chelsea's ambitious bid to sign striker Wayne Rooney from Manchester United was rejected by the Premier League champions.
Rooney indicated before the end of last season to then-manager Alex Ferguson that he wanted to leave United after nine years, unhappy at losing his starting place up front.
The Associated Press is following events in Rio de Janeiro on Sunday. The Confederations Cup final between Spain and Brazil kicks off at 7 p.m. local time (2200 GMT). Follow this live feed for updates:
The historic wave of protests that has swept across Brazil in recent days has gained some important allies _ the players of the Brazilian national football team.
Fernando Torres was sold from Liverpool to Chelsea on Monday for a British record transfer fee, said to be 50 million pounds ($79.5 million).
"Please help to protect our kids," Brazil defender David Luiz says in the film to air in June and July on British Airways.
Brazil's David Luiz acknowledges his fans before a training session at Seoul World Cup Stadium in Seoul, South Korea, Friday, Oct. 11, 2013.