- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
David M. Rubenstein
Latest David M. Rubenstein Items
The Washington Monument is set to be illuminated at sunset Monday, marking what National Park Service officials call a "milestone" in the three-year plan to repair earthquake damage to the famous structure.
Years after playing a Washington newspaper reporter, Dustin Hoffman is returning to the nation's capital to share an honor with David Letterman — who appears surprised at how culturally important his Top 10 lists have been.
Goldman Sachs CEO Lloyd Blankfein acknowledged fears about the state of the global economy but said he remains optimistic over the longer term, a day after his company announced a 12 percent hit to quarterly profits despite layoffs and other recent cost-cutting measures.
Well-known philanthropist David Rubenstein has donated $7.5 million to help repair the earthquake-damaged Washington Monument, a gift that will jump-start efforts to reopened the national landmark to visitors.