- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- U.S. chemical sites vulnerable despite millions spent on security: Congress
- Driverless cars to hit the British streets by 2015
- GOP presses to scrap IRS commissioner position — but put in panel
- New bill would make sure women in military can get free birth control
- Trafficking bust reveals worries over missing kids; minors as young as 11 found
- Catholic League slams Obama: ‘Do Christian lives mean so little to you?’
- National laboratory cancels ‘Southern Accent Reduction’ classes after outcry
- U.S. woman with Ebola is stable, improving, son says
Topic - David Martin
Dave Martin, a longtime Associated Press photographer based in Montgomery, Ala., died after collapsing on the Georgia Dome field after the Chick-fil-A Bowl on Tuesday night.
The European Parliament overwhelmingly defeated an international anti-piracy trade agreement Wednesday after concern that it would limit Internet freedom sparked street protests in cities across Europe.
Americans are buying record numbers of hybrid and electric cars as gas prices climb and new models arrive in showrooms, giving the vehicles their greatest share yet of the U.S. auto market.
Andy Roddick believes there's a conversation ahead among pro tennis players to consider whether forming a union would be the best way to tackle the sport's issues with a collective voice.
Martin said LaRoche is putting up the money to get the project started, but the city is also seeking sponsors.
Details of an agreement between the city and the Fort Scott school district for the $2 million LaRoche Baseball Complex are being finalized, and City Manager Dave Martin said groundbreaking could take place as early as June 1, The Fort Scott Tribune reported (http://bit.ly/1fWD0rA ).