- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - David Martin
Tim Dahlberg, Eddie Pells and Jimmy Golen's combined efforts earned them story of the year honors in the annual writing contest for AP staffers judged by Associated Press Sports Editors at their winter meeting.
Dave Martin, a longtime Associated Press photographer based in Montgomery, Ala., died after collapsing on the Georgia Dome field after the Chick-fil-A Bowl on Tuesday night.
The European Parliament overwhelmingly defeated an international anti-piracy trade agreement Wednesday after concern that it would limit Internet freedom sparked street protests in cities across Europe.
The European Parliament overwhelmingly defeated the international ACTA anti-piracy trade agreement Wednesday after concern that it would limit Internet freedom mobilized broad opposition across Europe.
Americans are buying record numbers of hybrid and electric cars as gas prices climb and new models arrive in showrooms, giving the vehicles their greatest share yet of the U.S. auto market.
The region's roller-coaster temperatures might be wreaking havoc with wardrobe choices, but they've done nothing to hurt or confuse the pink-and-white blooms of D.C.'s beloved cherry trees.
State environmental officials have reached an agreement with Los Alamos National Laboratory to expedite the cleanup of thousands of barrels of radioactive waste.
Andy Roddick believes there's a conversation ahead among pro tennis players to consider whether forming a union would be the best way to tackle the sport's issues with a collective voice.
There's a certain promise to a garden - any garden. The flowers that bloom in the spring breathe promises of sunshine and the summer yet to come. But the bee balm, black-eyed Susans and hollyhocks of an old-fashioned garden - "grandmother's garden" - can carry with them an aura all their own, tied to memory, community and connection in ways that modern hybrids simply don't have.
It was Scott Pelley's first night as anchor of the "CBS Evening News" on Monday, but you'd hardly know it.