- GOP hopes taking shutdown off the table with budget deal will pay dividends
- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
By Matt Kibbe
The short-term deal will assure long-term overspending
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - David Murphy
David Murphy spent this season in a prolonged slump. That didn't scare away the Indians.
A person familiar with the negotiations says the Cleveland Indians are close to signing free-agent outfielder David Murphy to two-year contract.
With their big boomstick out of the lineup, the Texas Rangers are going to have to adapt to get in the playoffs again.
Longtime Texas Rangers fan Robbie Parker grabbed former star catcher Ivan Rodriguez in a long embrace and didn't seem to want to let go.
Texas Rangers manager Ron Washington held out one hand, then the other.
Rangers manager Ron Washington held out one hand, then the other.
Jurickson Profar made quite a debut at age 19, homering in his first major league at-bat and doubling his next time up as the Texas Rangers beat Cleveland 8-3 Sunday.
It certainly wasn't the homecoming Tommy Hunter envisioned.
The Texas Rangers won the Ryan Dempster sweepstakes, acquiring the Chicago Cubs ace for two minor leaguers moments before Tuesday's trade deadline.
Minnesota Twins starting pitcher Nick Blackburn was removed with one out in the sixth inning during his start on Saturday against the Texas Rangers because of shoulder stiffness.
Tim Lincecum thought about the seismic shifts of baseball's offseason, the ones that saw Albert Pujols and Prince Fielder migrate to the American League.
A nationwide enforcement operation targeting stores, flea markets and street vendors selling counterfeit NFL and Super Bowl memorabilia has netted more than 50,300 counterfeit items that would have sold for more than $5.1 million.
Losses like these create reputations. Debacles like this take decades to overcome _ if ever.
Lance Lynn pitches a perfect eighth, striking out Adrian Beltre to end the inning.
David Freese homered in the 11th inning to give the Cardinals a 10-9 victory over Texas in Game 6 of the World Series, capping one of the wildest, most exciting finishes in baseball history.
"Certainly it makes it more challenging on us offensively," said Murphy, whose 12 homers and 34 RBIs top the group that has a combined 19 homers and 70 RBIs.
"That was a very humbling experience," Murphy said. "I have three kids of my own. I can't imagine what that would be like. It definitely makes the game a little easier. We're worrying about winning and numbers. It makes you realize the insignificance of baseball."