- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford flubs daylight saving time advice: ‘Turn your clocks back’
- Americans don’t support sending U.S. troops to Ukraine
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt ‘Boss Hogg’ town from map
- N.C. math whiz to unveil secret of March Madness picks
- An appealing offer: Chiquita merges with Fyffes to make world’s largest banana firm
- Amnesty International says Syria guilty of war crimes for food blockade
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: ‘We are going to crush them’
- Adam Lanza’s dad: He would’ve killed me ‘in a heartbeat’
- North Korea holds election: 100% turnout, Kim Jong-un gets — 100% of vote
- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
Latest David Petraeus Items
Today, I am ashamed to be an American journalist.
One of President Obama's national security boasts in the 2012 presidential election was that al Qaeda's ranks have been "decimated," they're "on the run" and "on the path to defeat."
Vegetarians could very well join President Obama's circle of special interest groups.
Holly Petraeus could probably use something to get her mind off her personal life. Targeting mortgage companies that might be misleading consumers seemed to be just the antidote on Monday.
While they carried out their extramarital affair, ex-CIA Director David Petraeus and biographer Paula Broadwell had limited contact inside the Agency’s headquarters, a stark contrast from their relationship during the end of his military years where the biographer had extensive access to the then-four- star general at Pentagon facilities overseas.
The White House last weekend refuted testimony by former CIA Director Gen. David Petraeus to Congress, saying the administration didn't make any changes in its early talking point about the attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya, to downplay the role of the terrorists ("Petraeus: Benghazi seen as terror strike right away," Web, Friday).
In most countries, secrecy shrouds the workings of state intelligence services. Israel's Mossad sets a gold standard for such organizations, especially in operational effectiveness. Almost invariably, Mossad chiefs are promoted from within and possess extensive operational experience.
Paula Broadwell, whose extramarital affair with CIA chief David Petraeus led to his resignation, is telling friends she is devastated by the fallout.
"In the Middle East, are your sympathies more with the Israelis or more with the Palestinians?" asks a CNN survey released Monday. The simple question has multiple answers. Overall, 59 percent of Americans side with the Israelis, 13 precent with the Palestinians. Three percent sympathize with both, 11 percent with neither, and 13 percent have no opinion.