- No mas: Principal bans Spanish language in intercom announcement
- Hacking software could put ‘zombie drone army’ in user’s hands
- Support for stricter gun laws drops: poll
- 10 whales dead, 41 others stranded in Everglades
- John Boehner faces bipartisan pressure to allow gay-rights vote
- Martin Bashir resigns from MSNBC over ‘ill-judged’ comments about Sarah Palin
- Rep. Duncan Hunter: While Obama prays for Iranian change, U.S. should ready its nukes
- Best company ever? Veteran Beer Co. exists to employ vets, provide quality beer
- Iran official: Sanctions ‘utterly failed’ to stop nuclear program
- ‘Black Santa’ display at IU sparks student outrage
Latest David Petraeus Items
One of President Obama's national security boasts in the 2012 presidential election was that al Qaeda's ranks have been "decimated," they're "on the run" and "on the path to defeat."
Holly Petraeus could probably use something to get her mind off her personal life. Targeting mortgage companies that might be misleading consumers seemed to be just the antidote on Monday.
While they carried out their extramarital affair, ex-CIA Director David Petraeus and biographer Paula Broadwell had limited contact inside the Agency’s headquarters, a stark contrast from their relationship during the end of his military years where the biographer had extensive access to the then-four- star general at Pentagon facilities overseas.
President Barack Obama made a media splash four years ago when he became the first president to declare he would publicly release the names of people who came to visit the White House, whether for official business or pleasure.
The White House last weekend refuted testimony by former CIA Director Gen. David Petraeus to Congress, saying the administration didn't make any changes in its early talking point about the attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya, to downplay the role of the terrorists ("Petraeus: Benghazi seen as terror strike right away," Web, Friday).
In most countries, secrecy shrouds the workings of state intelligence services. Israel's Mossad sets a gold standard for such organizations, especially in operational effectiveness. Almost invariably, Mossad chiefs are promoted from within and possess extensive operational experience.
Paula Broadwell, whose extramarital affair with CIA chief David Petraeus led to his resignation, is telling friends she is devastated by the fallout.
"In the Middle East, are your sympathies more with the Israelis or more with the Palestinians?" asks a CNN survey released Monday. The simple question has multiple answers. Overall, 59 percent of Americans side with the Israelis, 13 precent with the Palestinians. Three percent sympathize with both, 11 percent with neither, and 13 percent have no opinion.
David H. Petraeus is a genuine American hero, a man of great intellect and proven integrity, which makes the four-star general's sudden resignation for adultery very curious.