- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
Topic - David Rakoff
David Rakoff (RAY'-kawf), an award-winning humorist, has died.
David Rakoff, an award-winning humorist whose cynical outlook on life and culture developed a loyal following of readers and radio listeners, has died after a long illness. He was 47.
Author David Rakoff (RAY'-kawf) has made the judges smile with his essay collection "Half Empty."
Rakoff has written for The New York Times, Newsweek and other publications.
Rakoff has written for The New York Times, Newsweek and other publications and was a contributor to radio's "This American Life."