- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
- Tea Party Patriots call key GOP firing a declaration of war
- 68,000 more file for unemployment — in one week
By Matt Kibbe
The short-term deal will assure long-term overspending
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - David Rouzer
Republican challenger David Rouzer has requested a recount in the race for North Carolina's 7th Congressional District.
If you want passionate partisanship, look no further than — Alex Schriver?
In a statement, Mr. Rouzer said he wants to ensure every "legal vote" cast is properly and accurately counted, pointing to the potential for human error as exhibited by a vote-counting error found and corrected in Bladen County.
"In a race this close, accidental human error could easily change the outcome," Mr. Rouzer said.