- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - David Ruffer
Oklahoma State's Dan Bailey has won the Lou Groza Award as the nation's top kicker.
This much we know: Brian Kelly didn't come to Notre Dame to be part of 7-5 seasons. But in this instance, in his first eventful and emotional year as head coach of the Irish, he'll gladly take it.
The days of breaking golf clubs in frustration are behind David Ruffer. You could say he's kicked that bad habit.
Notre Dame fifth-year senior center Dan Wenger won't play this season following two concussions in preseason camp.
"I had much higher expectations for golf for some reason than I ever did with football. I couldn't tell you why," said Ruffer, who didn't play prep football.
"I was just really a perfectionist. Now I've grown up to the point where I understand that things aren't always going to go your way," he said. "I think that laid-back attitude has helped my focus. I want to enjoy this last season here."