- House passes VA reform compromise
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
Exchanges reveal an ugly American abroad out to bring down conservatives
Topic - David Schlosser
The noon deadline Monday for Occupy D.C. protesters to stop camping in McPherson Square and another federal park passed without confrontation, but the rancorous group danced, played music and draped a gigantic blue tarp over a statue of Civil War Gen. James McPherson amid a strong police presence.
A 13-month-old girl was found unattended Wednesday morning in an Occupy D.C. tent, U.S. Park Police said, and one man has been arrested for charges related to cruelty to children.
Images of stoic police officers hauling away Occupy D.C. protesters were largely a memory Monday, as both sides tried to rebuild a cooperative — if cautious — co-existence following their 10-hour standoff Sunday.
U.S. Park Police and a D.C. police SWAT team clashed Sunday with Occupy D.C. protesters and took down a wooden-frame shelter the Occupiers had brought into McPherson Square and then refused to dismantle.
Authorities are investigating a report that gunshots were fired in the vicinity of the White House.
U.S. Park Police say a man has been shot by an officer at Hains Point in southwest Washington.
The attempted robbery of a Northern Virginia man Monday was the first violent crime on the National Mall in years.
Authorities say a man pushing his disabled car down the Baltimore-Washington Parkway has been struck by another vehicle and killed.