- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
Topic - David Schmid
But Schmid said the attraction to the Wallenda show goes beyond morbid curiosity.
"Reality TV is so safe and so scripted and so managed that any element of risk or unpredictability has been entirely removed," he said. "This on the other hand is a genuinely unpredictable situation and it makes people want to watch, but it also makes them nervous."