- Spain, Morocco break up jihadist recruitment cell, arrest 7
- Muslim insurgents shoot then set on fire Buddhist teacher in Thailand
- Air Force cadets ‘revolt’ after officials remove biblical verse from whiteboard
- Rep. Lee: Paul Ryan out of touch with urban Americans
- House votes down resolution to force Issa to apologize
- Kremlin blocks opposition websites; Kasparov fears Putin plans ‘something drastic’
- Saving trees? EPA wastes $1.5 million storing unneeded pamphlets in warehouse
- Scott Brown Senate bid in New Hampshire may launch soon
- Jeffrey Corzine, son of ex-N.J. governor, dead at 31
- Australian surfing magazine sorry for calling indigenous surfer ‘apeish’
Latest David Simon Items
Thomas Baden Jr., editor of The News-Times in Danbury, Conn., has been named editor of The Daily Record in Baltimore.
Profits at big U.S. companies broke records last year, and so did pay for CEOs.
Several ramshackle houses featured on advertisements for the HBO series "Treme" were demolished Thursday, despite efforts by preservationists and show producers who wanted the row homes renovated.
A crowded nightclub is the setting. Ragtime music echoes through the smoke-filled room.
The stars of HBO's series "Treme" (truh-MAY') will lead this year's parade for Orpheus, the Mardi Gras krewe founded by crooner Harry Connick Jr.
The former HBO series "The Wire" is the topic of a new class at Johns Hopkins University, in the city where the drama was based.
David Simon, creator of the HBO television series "The Wire," is among 23 recipients of this year's MacArthur Foundation "genius grants" _ news that left him with what he described as "a vague sense of guilt."