- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
- CDC sees measles spike and ‘failure to vaccinate’
- Ex-Secret Service agent seeking Md. seat: Everyone’s a ‘de facto criminal’ now
- New prosthetic hand technology lets amputees feel again
- Child killed, 4 injured in Idaho elementary school bus crash
- Obama downplays IRS scandal, blames Obamacare rollout on ‘outdated’ agencies
- Pregnancies decline overall, up among older women
- Pentagon plans to destroy Syrian chemical arms on ship at sea
- Paris Metro issues ‘politeness manual’ to improve passengers’ behavior
- Justin Bieber, crew detained at Australian airport in drug search
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - David Toms
Davis Love III was in the learning center at Sea Island Golf Club over the weekend when he looked out the door at four players hitting balls, including PGA Tour rookie Kevin Tway. It brought back memories of Love's early days on tour.
Farmers Insurance stepped in at the last minute in 2010 when the PGA Tour event at Torrey Pines risked going without a sponsor.
For Padraig Harrington and the rest of the players on the bubble, the PGA Tour's postseason starts this week at the Wyndham Championship.
How well do you know the PGA Championship? Try this trivia quiz:
J.J. Henry knows calculating how far the ball travels at high elevation along the Sierra Nevada was one of the keys to his Reno-Tahoe Open victory last year.
Former tournament champion Chris Kirk and 20-time PGA Tour winner Davis Love III highlight the field at the Sanderson Farms Classic at Annandale Golf Club.
The U.S. Golf Association is not opposed to inflicting cruel and unusual punishment at its premier championship, so here's something it might want to consider.
The marquee group of Tiger Woods, Rory McIlroy and Adam Scott is set to go off Thursday at 1:14 p.m. and Friday at 7:44 a.m.
Tiger Woods, Rory McIlroy and Adam Scott, the top three players in the world rankings, will play together in the first two rounds of the U.S. Open at Merion.
Davis Love III and Stuart Appleby shot 4-under 66 on Thursday for a share of the lead with four other players after the first round of the St. Jude Classic.
One year ago, Jason Dufner's victory at the Zurich Classic made him the fifth player in the last eight years to celebrate his maiden PGA Tour triumph in New Orleans.
Sunday's final round of the 2013 Masters Tournament will see co-leaders Angel Cabrera and Brandt Snedeker go off at 2:40 p.m.
Did Phil Mickelson anger the golf gods? Or did he at least move the Augusta National Golf Club competition committee to prove a point?
Notable pairings include Tiger Woods with Luke Donald and Scott Piercy at 10:45 a.m., and 2012 Masters champion Bubba Watson with Ian Poulter and Steven Fox at 10:34.
Bring together the top 64 players in the world and no one knows what to expect.
"I'm playing in Memphis and Harris English is about to win the tournament," Toms said. "The first time I played that tournament, he wasn't even born."
"You watch a Walker Cup, and they're just names," Toms said. "You don't really know them until you're trying to win a tournament against them."