- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- Ukraine will compete in Sochi Paralympics despite Crimea conflict
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
By Tammy Bruce
Topic - David Weigel
Democratic Senate candidate Tim Kaine said he would be open to having a minimum federal income-tax level for all people during a wide-ranging debate with Republican rival George Allen on Thursday afternoon, as both candidates ready themselves for the stretch run in their closely watched race.
There's renewed hubbub over the mysterious "JournoList," displayed in full plumage at the Daily Caller, providing more evidence that the hundreds of journalists and wonks who signed up with the online information and chitchat service were a vast left-wing conspiracy of sorts - a liberal cabal of those seeking to steer the proper White House message.
Memo to Sen. John McCain. Now that even fake infomercials are viable political strategy, bring on the ginzu knives, a Popiel Pocket Fisherman and maybe some OxiClean next time.
Congressional Democrats went on a rampage three months ago to paint Tea Party activists as violent extremists, despite zero evidence that the movement's rallies have been anything but peaceful. House Majority Leader Steny H. Hoyer, Maryland Democrat, took a media tour, somberly informing viewers of CBS' "The Early Show" that, "We've had a lot of serious disagreements on tax bills, on war and peace and other matters, and I haven't seen the level of, frankly, threats or anger or threatening of violent acts that I've seen recently."