- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
- Iraq mulls law to let men marry 8-year-old girls
Latest David Weigel Items
Democratic Senate candidate Tim Kaine said he would be open to having a minimum federal income-tax level for all people during a wide-ranging debate with Republican rival George Allen on Thursday afternoon, as both candidates ready themselves for the stretch run in their closely watched race.
There's renewed hubbub over the mysterious "JournoList," displayed in full plumage at the Daily Caller, providing more evidence that the hundreds of journalists and wonks who signed up with the online information and chitchat service were a vast left-wing conspiracy of sorts - a liberal cabal of those seeking to steer the proper White House message.
Memo to Sen. John McCain. Now that even fake infomercials are viable political strategy, bring on the ginzu knives, a Popiel Pocket Fisherman and maybe some OxiClean next time.
Congressional Democrats went on a rampage three months ago to paint Tea Party activists as violent extremists, despite zero evidence that the movement's rallies have been anything but peaceful. House Majority Leader Steny H. Hoyer, Maryland Democrat, took a media tour, somberly informing viewers of CBS' "The Early Show" that, "We've had a lot of serious disagreements on tax bills, on war and peace and other matters, and I haven't seen the level of, frankly, threats or anger or threatening of violent acts that I've seen recently."