- Pope Francis wins another ‘Person of the Year’ — from gay rights magazine
- Rep. Steve Stockman: Give my campaign $10, and you’ll get an Obama barf bag
- Putin: Russia to buy $15 billion in Ukraine bonds
- Expert: Obamacare ‘death spiral’ fears exaggerated
- Alabama firefighters dig for survivors of apartment blast
- Big Sur wildfire destroys home of firefighting chief
- ‘ ’Twas the Night Before Christmas’ set for mock trial to argue authorship
- Angela Merkel’s third term as Germany’s chancellor to be marked by move to left
- Mega Millions entices with record-setting jackpot: Half a billion so far
- Dennis Rodman heads to North Korea — despite execution, political purge
By John R. Bolton
The president fiddles at his domestic altar while the world burns
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - David Zabel
A television crime drama that took its name from and made its home in the Motor City has been cancelled, one of its principals said Friday.
With three episodes left to air and its future uncertain, the principals behind the ABC crime drama "Detroit 1-8-7" are fighting for a second season _ even if that means trying to follow other network cast-offs to basic cable.
He said "1-8-7" would do well on a cable network, citing "Southland," which is thriving on TNT after being cut by NBC.
"Detroit 1-8-7" Executive Producer David Zabel confirmed to The Associated Press the news of the cancellation, which had been suspected in the weeks since the show's Detroit-based production wrapped this winter.