- PHILLIPS: The benefits of defying ‘common wisdom’
- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region; Pentagon denies
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
By David A. Clarke Jr.
Blame Washington's intelligence failure, not lack of police
Topic - Davis Cup
Third-seeded Tomas Berdych of the Czech Republic beat Andreas Seppi of Italy for the fifth time in a row 6-3, 6-3 to open his account at the ABN Amro tournament on Monday.
Less than five months after having back surgery, Wimbledon champion Andy Murray propelled Britain into the next round of the Davis Cup and earned some time off.
Italy reached the quarterfinals of the Davis Cup on Sunday when Fabio Fognini defeated Carlos Berlocq of Argentina to give Italy an unassailable 3-1 lead in the best-of-five series.
Daniel Brands defeated Roberto Bautista Agut 7-6 (5), 6-4 to wrap up a 4-1 win for Germany over Spain in their Davis Cup World Group first round tie on Sunday.
Dusan Lajovic and Filip Krajinovic won the reverse singles Sunday to cushion Switzerland's triumph over Serbia to 3-2 in their Davis Cup first round World Group tie.
Japan won its Davis Cup World Group tie on Sunday, clinching a quarterfinal berth when Frank Dancevic of Canada was forced to retire in the second set of his reverse singles match with Kei Nishikori.
Defending champion Czech Republic reached the quarterfinals of the Davis Cup on Sunday after Tomas Berdych won the first reverse singles to clinch the first-round series.
Kei Nishikori and Yasutaka Uchiyama beat Frank Dancevic and Daniel Nestor of Canada, 6-3, 7-6 (3), 4-6, 6-4 on Saturday to give Japan a 2-1 lead in their Davis Cup World Group clash.
The "Bryan Bump" returned to the Davis Cup on Saturday.
Fabio Fognini defeated Juan Monaco in straight sets to rally Italy to a 1-1 draw with Argentina in their first round tie in the Davis Cup World Group on Friday.
Richard Gasquet and Jo-Wilfried Tsonga both won in straight sets to give France a commanding 2-0 lead against Australia in their first-round Davis Cup tie on Friday.
Canada's Frank Dancevic beat Japan's Go Soeda 6-4, 7-6 (2), 6-1 on Friday to leave the teams at 1-1 following the opening singles matches of their Davis Cup World Group clash.
Philipp Kohlschreiber and Florian Mayer won their singles matches on Friday to give Germany a commanding 2-0 lead over Spain in the first round of the Davis Cup World Group.
It was a rally that truly came out of left field.
The Czech Republic leveled its Davis Cup World Group tie with the Netherlands at 1-1 on Friday after Tomas Berdych swept aside Igor Sijsling in the opening singles.