- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Davis Items
Four-time Olympian and owner of four Olympic medals — two gold and two silver — Shani Davis has not had the Olympic finale he, or anyone else, expected. He may still skate in the team pursuit, which is next week.
Transylvania University in Lexington plans to tear down two aging dorms and build at least two new ones -and possibly a third - as part of a modernization effort aimed at attracting more students to the liberal arts college.
Davis & Elkins College is freezing tuition for returning students.
More than three years after the Iowa Supreme Court ruled unanimously in favor of same-sex marriage, supporters of the decision say predictions of disaster have not been borne out, while gay-marriage opponents say they continue to lose ground in the fight because "finger-in-the-wind" Republicans have abandoned the cause.
Eric Bledsoe always has had to play in the shadows of others, but the Suns' point guard is starting for the first time and playing his best -- just like ex-Kentucky teammate John Wall.
Don Cheadle will play Miles Davis in a biopic the actor has long planned on the innovative jazz pioneer.
The Texas Democrat who made national headlines for her 11-hour filibuster of a bill to ban abortions after 20 weeks may make a run for governor against Rick Perry in 2014.
Boston declared a public health emergency Wednesday as flu season struck in earnest and the state reported 18 flu-related deaths so far.
The District's police and fire departments may not be at gold-star status, but both received passable grades during their first month of public approval ratings through the Grade D.C. program.