- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
By Tammy Bruce
Topic - Dawan Landry
Tampa Bay safety Dashon Goldson was fined $30,000 by the NFL on Friday for hitting New York Jets tight end Jeff Cumberland in the head and neck area in the teams' season opener last Sunday.
The Indianapolis Colts are concerned about the hits rookie quarterback Andrew Luck has been taken, calling some of them cheap shots.
Defensive end Matt Roth has signed a one-year, $3 million contract with Jacksonville, giving the Jaguars a veteran pass rusher opposite Aaron Kampman.
Ben Roethlisberger threw a 9-yard touchdown pass to Isaac Redman with 2:51 left after Troy Polamalu forced a fumble with a sack of Joe Flacco, and the Pittsburgh Steelers beat the Baltimore Ravens 13-10 on Sunday night to gain sole possession of first place in the AFC North.
Joe Flacco threw for 301 yards and a touchdown, Baltimore's defense returned consecutive interceptions for TDs in the fourth quarter, and the Ravens beat Brian St. Pierre and the Carolina Panthers 37-13 on Sunday.
BALTIMORE — It was just another scrimmage for the veteran players who participated in sweltering M&T Bank Stadium yesterday, but it was a special day for Washington Redskins rookie safety LaRon Landry.
"LaRon seemed pretty anxious, but I told him to take his time, read his keys and trust his instincts," the older Landry said.
"I wish we had gotten the chance to go against each other on special teams, but that didn't happen," said Landry, who will have another reunion when the teams meet in a preseason game on Aug. 25 in Landover. "It was good to see him. We talked after the game. We've been talking all the time."