- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Latest D.C. Armory Items
Here's a selection of historical tidbits tied to celebrating the beginning of a new term of a president of the United States.
The score was tied at 20. The eight-minute scrimmage was over. Olympic coach Mike Krzyzewski motioned for the players to come off the court, which they did — just long enough to tell him and the coaching staff that a tie wasn't going to cut it. They wanted to play overtime.