- Pennsylvania Rep. Chaka Fattah vows to fight federal subpoena
- Ron Paul: CIA spying is a result of a distrustful, big government
- Mike Huckabee: Opposing abortion is ‘how we save this republic’
- Obama pitches to middle class with overtime pay action
- Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee claims Constitution is 400 years old
- Unemployment, job creation top biggest problems in America: poll
- Twitter crashes for second time in nine days
- Charles Manson associate Bruce Davis granted parole
- Israeli warplanes pound 29 Palestinian sites in Gaza: ‘Direct hits’ confirmed
- Eric Holder to give thumbs-up to drop jail time for drug offenders
By Emily Miller
Obama is losing the debate on gun ownership, concealed-carry permits
Topic - D.C.-Based Institute On Taxation And Economic Policy
An analysis by a nonprofit tax-policy institute says that Maryland and Virginia could have collected hundreds of millions of dollars per year since their last gas-tax increases if they had raised the tax regularly to account for inflation.
Maryland, Virginia didn't adjust gas tax for inflation; D.C. clinic accused of fraud; Va. votes on adoption regulations that could affect gay couples; Maryland advocate wants tax increase on smokeless tobacco; D.C. campaign finance office releases latest report; Md. Delegate O'Donnell to challenge Hoyer; Metro: Crime dropped in 3rd quarter; Microsoft eyes St. Elizabeths property; Report finds Prince George's among Md.'s unhealthiest counties.