- Marco Rubio: U.S. at social, moral crossroads
- ‘We’re coming for you, Barack Obama’: Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL
- White flags baffle NYPD: ‘We’re lucky it wasn’t a bomb’
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo’s office interfered with, pressured corruption commission: report
- Brit lawmaker: I would fire on Israel if I lived in Gaza
- VA apologizes to forgotten Marine veteran locked in Fla. clinic, forced to call 911
- U.S. social and economic trends on worrisome track, survey finds
- McDonald nomination unanimously referred to full Senate
- Chuck Norris honorary chairman of NRA voter registration campaign
- GOP outraged Obamacare investigators able to get coverage with fake IDs
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Perhaps we're not as free as we think
Topic - D.C. Fire Department
D.C. Fire Chief Kenneth B. Ellerbe is once again a day late and a dollar short ("No money sought for new firetrucks deemed 'oversight,'" Web, Dec. 4). His lack of foresight is reflected in the fact that he sought no money for trucks or ambulances in this year's budget. Chief Ellerbe continues to provide meek explanations and weak excuses when asked harsh and pointed questions regarding the matter.
A group of the District's finest high school seniors testified before a D.C. Council committee on Thursday in favor of a bill that requires city high schoolers to take a college entrance exam like the SAT and apply to at least one college.
A lobbyist for Progress Energy married to an aide to President Obama was found dead in a car fire at her home near the U.S. Capitol, fire authorities and the company said Monday.