- Number-crunchers put GOP chances of retaking Senate at 60 percent: report
- Ohio sheriff sends bill to Mexico for cost of jailing illegals
- Fla. voters’ support for medical marijuana bodes well for ballot measure: poll
- Keith Urban concert ends in ‘nutso’ chaos, with dozens arrested, injured
- Very religious still lean toward GOP, reflecting long-term patterns, Gallup poll shows
- Fist bump becoming all the rage for germ-wary handshakers
- Tennessee storms ravage counties, wreck 10 homes
- Chinese police tear down church cross in religion crackdown
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: ‘Obama, Obama, where are you?’
- Maine police find wife, husband, 3 children dead in home
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
Topic - D.C. Fire Department
D.C. Fire Chief Kenneth B. Ellerbe is once again a day late and a dollar short ("No money sought for new firetrucks deemed 'oversight,'" Web, Dec. 4). His lack of foresight is reflected in the fact that he sought no money for trucks or ambulances in this year's budget. Chief Ellerbe continues to provide meek explanations and weak excuses when asked harsh and pointed questions regarding the matter.
A group of the District's finest high school seniors testified before a D.C. Council committee on Thursday in favor of a bill that requires city high schoolers to take a college entrance exam like the SAT and apply to at least one college.
A lobbyist for Progress Energy married to an aide to President Obama was found dead in a car fire at her home near the U.S. Capitol, fire authorities and the company said Monday.