- Iran’s Rouhani: Israel, Islamic State are ‘tumors derived from the same origin’
- Rep. Tim Murphy: GOP knew HealthCare.gov would be an ‘unmitigated disaster’
- Political speak: Planned Parenthood dumps ‘pro-choice’ for ‘women’s health’
- U.S. attorney warns Cuomo not to interfere with anti-corruption probes
- Investigators reach Ukraine jet crash site
- Ohio gives Obama a thumbs down; Hillary Clinton tops GOP all-stars: poll
- Jesse Ventura suggests suit not over; HarperCollins could be next
- ‘No American is proud’ of certain CIA tactics: State Department
- Drug-filled drone crash outside S.C. prison sends police on alert
- GOP to Obama: Take your ‘golf cap off’ and get down to coal country
D.C. Fire Department
Latest D.C. Fire Department Items
D.C. Fire Chief Kenneth B. Ellerbe is once again a day late and a dollar short ("No money sought for new firetrucks deemed 'oversight,'" Web, Dec. 4). His lack of foresight is reflected in the fact that he sought no money for trucks or ambulances in this year's budget. Chief Ellerbe continues to provide meek explanations and weak excuses when asked harsh and pointed questions regarding the matter.
A group of the District's finest high school seniors testified before a D.C. Council committee on Thursday in favor of a bill that requires city high schoolers to take a college entrance exam like the SAT and apply to at least one college.
A lobbyist for Progress Energy married to an aide to President Obama was found dead in a car fire at her home near the U.S. Capitol, fire authorities and the company said Monday.