- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
Latest D.C. Jail Items
Mental health experts have determined that a teenager accused of fatally shooting a D.C. taxicab driver in the course of a botched robbery with his girlfriend cannot use an insanity defense when he stands trial for the homicide.
An inmate at the D.C. jail was found dead from an apparent suicide, corrections officials said.
The pace at which illegal immigrants are deported from the District under a federal initiative is far lower than in surrounding jurisdictions in Virginia and Maryland, even though illegal immigrants make up similar proportions of their populations.
Walter Anderson was a wealthy telecommunications executive whose money helped underwrite private space-exploration efforts, but he became famous as the defendant in what federal prosecutors called the largest personal income-tax evasion case in U.S. history.
Along with wiretaps, undercover drug buys, cooperating witnesses and other evidence typically seen in major conspiracy cases, federal prosecutors are scouring the Facebook pages of defendants for proof in a potential death penalty trial.