- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
D.C. Office Of The Recorder Of The Deeds
Latest D.C. Office Of The Recorder Of The Deeds Items
While Google makes billions of dollars per year in profits, the company — for a few days anyway — found itself among a list of local scofflaws hit with tax liens filed by the D.C. government.
Virginia agencies can ban gay adoption; IRS files tax lien on Barry; Gray prepares city for snowstorms; Metro cracks down on iThefts; Maryland lawmakers meet, make influential spending recommendations; Police mistakenly says Virginia man murdered daughter; D.C. to regulate tattooing and body piercing; Sun: Maryland could play roll in GOP presidential primary.
D.C. Council member Marion Barry serves on a finance committee overseeing the expenditure of billions of tax dollars, but continues having trouble making good on his own tax bill, records show.