- Support for stricter gun laws drops: poll
- 10 whales dead, 41 others stranded in Everglades
- John Boehner faces bipartisan pressure to allow gay-rights vote
- Martin Bashir resigns from MSNBC over ‘ill-judged’ comments about Sarah Palin
- Rep. Duncan Hunter: While Obama prays for Iranian change, U.S. should ready its nukes
- Best company ever? Veteran Beer Co. exists to employ vets, provide quality beer
- Iran official: Sanctions ‘utterly failed’ to stop nuclear program
- ‘Black Santa’ display at IU sparks student outrage
- Joint Chiefs chair Dempsey: Pentagon, VA too slow in merging medical systems
- Sen. Ben Cardin hits Ukraine for crackdown on Kiev protests
Latest D.C. Police Items
Three men were fatally shot in the District over the weekend, bringing this year’s homicide total to 56 compared to the 65 killings at this time last year, according to D.C. police.
D.C. police were investigating two early morning shootings on Sunday, one of them fatal, a spokesman said.
One woman was killed and another seriously injured early Saturday, after the car they were driving crashed into a brick wall, D.C. police said.
One man is dead and three others injured from unrelated shootings in the District Monday night.
Two women were shot in their faces on the 1200 block of U Street Northwest early Saturday morning.
D.C. police are investigating a shooting and a stabbing that injured two men Thursday afternoon.
A 24-year-old male is in critical condition after being shot on the 1800 block of 8th Street Northwest at 11:30 p.m. Monday.
A D.C. police officer previously assigned to the White House motorcade is now on desk duty while police and the Secret Service investigate a report that the officer made threatening comments about first lady Michelle Obama.
A D.C. police officer assigned to the White House motorcade is now on desk duty while police and the Secret Service investigate a report that the officer made threatening comments about first lady Michelle Obama.