- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
Latest D.C. Police Items
The man who police believe killed a woman and shot a child as they got on a Metrobus on Sunday evening had been identified in court documents as the child's father.
The city is experiencing lower homicide rates, as officials recently announced, and that is truly good news (and let's pray it continues). Gathering, disseminating and sharing accurate daily, weekly, monthly and yearly crime information equals credibility. As things stand now, the department is blocking the public's view.
A 4-year-old boy was shot by a stray bullet during a Saturday night shooting that injured a second person outside the child's home, D.C. police said.
D.C. police have several people in custody following a fatal overnight stabbing inside the Woodley Park Metro Station.
D.C. police say shots were fired just blocks from the White House following an armed robbery attempt.
A D.C. police commander who sued the department and lost after he was demoted in the early days of Chief Cathy L. Lanier's administration has again been promoted to lead one of the city's police districts.
A D.C. police officer filed a $3 million civil lawsuit Wednesday against two Prince George's County police officers, saying the officers beat him with a baton and struck him in the face while he was handcuffed during a confrontation outside a Fairmount Heights restaurant and strip club.
A man was stabbed in the back in Southeast early Sunday morning, D.C. police said.
Three men were fatally shot in the District over the weekend, bringing this year’s homicide total to 56 compared to the 65 killings at this time last year, according to D.C. police.