- GOP presses to scrap IRS commissioner position — but put in panel
- New bill would make sure women in military can get free birth control
- Trafficking bust reveals worries over missing kids; minors as young as 11 found
- Catholic League slams Obama: ‘Do Christian lives mean so little to you?’
- National laboratory cancels ‘Southern Accent Reduction’ classes after outcry
- U.S. woman with Ebola is stable, improving, son says
- Belgium pushes for clear labeling of goods from Israeli settlements
- ‘Queen of Mean’ Leona Helmsley’s former home hits market for $65M
- Florida beach-goers told to beware flesh-eating bacteria in water
- Lundergan Grimes uses ‘war on women’ strategy to attack McConnell
Latest D.C. Police Items
A man was stabbed in the back in Southeast early Sunday morning, D.C. police said.
Three men were fatally shot in the District over the weekend, bringing this year’s homicide total to 56 compared to the 65 killings at this time last year, according to D.C. police.
D.C. police were investigating two early morning shootings on Sunday, one of them fatal, a spokesman said.
One woman was killed and another seriously injured early Saturday, after the car they were driving crashed into a brick wall, D.C. police said.
A 24-year-old male is in critical condition after being shot on the 1800 block of 8th Street Northwest at 11:30 p.m. Monday.
There are conflicting reports about threatening comments a police officer may have made about first lady Michelle Obama, the D.C. police chief said Friday.
A Southeast man was arrested Thursday night in connection with a fatal stabbing in Northeast this week, D.C. police said.
Four D.C. police officers were among nine people indicted Wednesday in connection with an assault last year outside a K Street nightclub in which a man lost an eye.
A fight between a boyfriend and girlfriend in Southeast escalated into a stabbing incident, D.C. police said Wednesday.