- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
- New evidence could threaten Army sex assault case
- George Zimmerman signs autographs at Orlando gun show
- GOP lawmaker faces fire for NBA crime tweet
- Taliban vow to ‘use all force’ to disrupt Afghan elections
- Atheists sue to remove ‘Ground Zero Cross’ from 9/11 museum
Latest d.c. united Items
Chad Barrett scored in the final moments of second half-stoppage time to give the Seattle Sounders a 1-0 victory over champions Sporting Kansas City on Saturday in the Major League Soccer season opener.
Federico Higuain scored twice to help Columbus open the season with a 3-0 victory over D.C. United on Saturday night in Gregg Berhalter's first game as the Crew's coach.
There are eleven newcomers on the roster as United opens its season against the Columbus Crew Saturday at R.F.K. Stadium.
The U.S. Men's National team January camp begins January 6th and two DC United players made the cut.
United (3-24-7) was winless in its final 12 games and set the MLS record for fewest victories in a season, breaking the previous mark of four set by Tampa Bay in 2001 and matched by Chivas USA in 2005.
D.C. United, last in the Eastern Conference, has won just once in its last nine matches after Saturday's 1-1 tie against Toronto FC at RFK Stadium.
United (2-12-3) was shut out for the 10th time this season and resumed its losing form after snapping a club-record 13-match winless run with a 1-0 home win over San Jose last weekend.
Portland (5-1-7) beat United for the first time in four meetings since the club joined MLS in 2011, extending its club-record unbeaten streak to 11 games.
Dwayne DeRosario scored the only goal for United (1-8-1), which lost a franchise-record seventh straight contest by a combined margin of 18-4.