- GM faces federal investigation for slow recall that led to 13 deaths
- Iran president reaches out to Oman on friendship tour
- FAA’s pre-Malaysia flight warning: 777s have cracking, corrosion issues
- Facebook HQ locked down; employees searched as police field threat
- Glenn Ford free, after serving 30 years for murder he didn’t commit
- Congressman: McAuliffe victory means gun control a winning message
- Clinton aide admits soliciting disgraced D.C. fundraiser; says actions were legal
- Joel Osteen church victimized in $600K theft
- Obama goes shopping at Gap as minimum-wage thanks
- N.J. woman charged after client dies from black-market butt injections
Debo P. Adegbile
Latest Debo P. Adegbile Items
Sen. Pat Toomey, Pennsylvania Republican, told Thursday morning’s crowd at the 2014 Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) that the defeat of President Obama’s nominee demonstrates that “when we stand up and fight” on principle, “we can actually win.”
Senators blocked President Obama's nominee to lead the Justice Department's civil rights division Wednesday in a bipartisan filibuster, with opponents saying his history defending a convicted cop-killer in the Supreme Court made him a poor choice.
President Obama calls the Senate's rejection of his nominee to head the Justice Department's Civil Rights Division a "travesty." It's a puzzle that he nominated Debo P. Adegbile in the first place. Here was a nomination doomed from the beginning.
The Supreme Court will consider eliminating the government's most potent weapon against racial discrimination at polling places since the 1960s.