- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
Topic - Deepak Chopra
Amazon.com is adding another high-profile name to its publishing roster.
At the end of a long day, many gamers zone out by competing in online death matches, or they check out by escaping to virtual realms. Spiritual leader Deepak Chopra is hoping gamers will instead choose to chill out with "Leela," his ambitious new effort to combine gaming and meditation.
President Obama rallied to the defense of the Transportation Security Administration's X-rated airport x-ray scanners Saturday with the insistence that the intrusive machines were needed in response to last year's attack by failed underwear bomber Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab. "Since the explosive device that was on Mr. Abdulmutallab was not detected by ordinary metal detectors, it has meant that TSA has tried to adapt to make sure that passengers on planes are safe," Mr. Obama said. Unfortunately, the administration's policies appear to be motivated more by business as usual in Washington than true security concerns.
The literary agent for spiritual doctor Deepak Chopra and his physician brother Sanjiv (Sun-JEEV) Chopra says Amazon will be the publisher for their memoir, "Brotherhood: A Tale of Faith, Big Dreams, and the Power of Persistence."
"It's all doable now," said Chopra. "We just have to bring it all together. If we can measure what's happening in your body, your heart, your emotions, your breath and your mind, then there's no reason why we can't create a new generation of video games that can help accelerate the personal, psychological, emotional and spiritual development of human beings."