- Russian officials press bilateral U.S. trade deal
- Selfies at Funerals blog creator retires after Obama flub: ‘Our work here is done’
- New Obama adviser Podesta is against Keystone but will steer clear of pipeline deliberations
- 40 Australian adults, children found in ‘one of the worst accounts of incest ever made public’
- Venezuela’s Maduro calls on student ‘price vigilantes’ to hit the streets, report businesses
- Atheists smug as Hindus join Satanists to demand display at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Bow before Valkyrie, NASA’s ‘superhero robot’ entry in DARPA challenge
- 10-year-old Pennsylvania boy suspended for pretend bow-and-arrow shooting
- Tea partiers turn on Capitol Hill budget deal
- Budget deal to get quick vote in the House
Latest Defence Minister Items
Billed as the most important and substantial military exchange visit with the United States in nine years, the grand tour from Friday through Thursday by a large Chinese military delegation – led by Defense Minister Gen. Liang Guanglie – received royal treatment at the Pentagon this week.
Egypt's ruling generals promised again Thursday that they would hand power to a civilian administration within the next two months, a day after deadly clashes stoked by political tensions brought fresh accusations that the military was trying to create chaos so it could cling to power.
Defying international calls for restraint, North Korea launched a three-stage, satellite-tipped rocket early Friday, though military officials in South Korea and elsewhere said the test was a prompt failure.
When Taiwanese security personnel detained a suspected spy for China at a top-secret military base last month, they may have had a sense of deja vu.
When Taiwanese security personnel detained a suspected spy for China at a top secret military base last month, they may have had a sense of deja vu.
Israel's Iron Dome rocket shield has aced its first serious test. Gaza's Hamas rulers have been careful to stay on the sidelines. And Islamic Jihad — now closer to Iran than is its larger rival Hamas — is taking the lead in this round against Israel.
Rescuers shoveled through deep snow Wednesday as they searched for victims of an avalanche that destroyed a village of about 200 people in northeastern Afghanistan, authorities said.
Taiwan's Defense Ministry said Wednesday that an air force officer has been detained on suspicion of passing military secrets to China, the latest case involving the transmission of classified information from the democratic island to the communist mainland.
Israel gave preliminary approval on Wednesday to a plan to build 600 new homes in a settlement deep inside the West Bank, a move that drew rebukes from the United Nations and Palestinians and threatened to raise tensions with the U.S. as the prime minister prepares to head to the White House.