- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
Topic - Deirdre N. Porter
A member of D.C. Police Chief Cathy L. Lanier's inner circle said Thursday she recently was "put off work" after a visit to the Metropolitan Police Department's medical clinic, but insisted she was returned to duty after being cleared under the department's drug-testing policy.
A member of D.C. Police Chief Cathy L. Lanier's inner circle is under investigation after she reportedly failed a routine drug screen, according to numerous officials with the Metropolitan Police Department.
Reached at her office Thursday, Inspector Porter declined to say what led to her temporary removal — or her return to work.