- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
Latest Dejon Gomes Items
Brandon Meriweather's impact was immediate and noticeable. An interception, a couple of pass break-ups and a handful of tackles made the Washington Redskins defense look totally different, until the safety tore the ACL in his right knee.
Getting Brandon Meriweather and Tanard Jackson in the offseason figured to shore up the Washington Redskins' safety position. On Sunday they'll play their sixth game of the year without either, Jackson suspended indefinitely and Meriweather dealing with a left knee injury.
It was a big enough blow to the Washington Redskins when the NFL suspended safety Tanard Jackson for violating the substance abuse policy. And it didn't help that they face Drew Brees and a potent New Orleans Saints offense in Week 1.
Cornerback DeAngelo Hall is one of the Washington Redskins' captains. Twice during Sundays loss to New England, however, Hall failed to meet the standard of leadership that accompanies that distinction, according to coach Mike Shanahan.
The Nebraska Blackshirt represents defensive excellence, membership in a fraternity that spans five decades and, in Rickey Thenarse's case, a personal watershed.