- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
- ISTOOK: IRS “wants to throw us in jail,” says tea party leader
- Easter woes: Chocolate costs soar, becoming ‘unaffordable’ luxury
- Michaels craft chain confirms hackers hit 3M customers
- Special Forces’ suicide rates hit record levels — casualties of ‘hard combat’
- Many Americans would quickly face financial hardship after losing job, poll shows
Latest Demetrius Hartsfield Items
The Maryland linebacker tweets as @BobbyBouchay, a play on Adam Sandler's aggressive and feared hitter in "The Waterboy." But after receiving ACC Linebacker of the Week honors for his 16 tackles in Maryland's 27-26 win against Virginia last Saturday, the junior from Bowie no longer needs to live up to Bobby Boucher's fictional standard.
If Joe Vellano has somewhat anonymously authored another stellar season for Maryland, it surely isn't for lack of effort.
It is taking time for Maryland's offense to mature, longer than anyone in its football program would like. Fortunately for the Terrapins, the defense is already grown up.
Maryland linebacker Demetrius Hartsfield wanted to move on from the Terrapins' season-opening defeat of William & Mary on Saturday as quickly as possible.
Those inside Maryland's locker room know Demetrius Hartsfield takes vastly different approaches to the situations he encounters.
There are no artistry points in football, a reality Maryland was no doubt grateful for Saturday.
Maryland's football season was going to come to a close Saturday regardless of outcome. Somehow, the end was even more unbearable than the Terrapins ever would have guessed.
Maryland's record slowly has come ever-closer to aligning with the forgettable 2-10 mark of two years ago.
Maryland lost both a game and one of its best offensive linemen in its first road trip of the season.