- House Democrats trying to force unemployment insurance vote
- Sen. Claire McCaskill to tackle sex assault at college next
- Judge’s order preserves NSA surveillance records
- Refurbished Pollock masterpiece goes on display
- Iditarod becomes mad dash for Nome
- ‘Burger King baby’ now seeks birth mom on Facebook
- Study: 2 percent of Americans have new hips, knees
- Friend: Pistorius shot gun out car without warning
- States wrestle with developing, restricting drones
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
Topic - Democratic Central Committee
The Muscatine County sheriff has refused to publicly disclose how he determined no rules or policies were broken when a mentally ill jail inmate was repeatedly shocked with a stun gun last fall.
Former Delegate Tiffany Alston automatically lost her seat in the Maryland House of Delegates when she was convicted of misconduct in office in October, and a Prince George's County committee can withdraw the name of a former drug dealer it nominated to replace her, a judge ruled Wednesday.
Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley is locked in a standoff with Prince George's County Democrats over appointing a House of Delegates nominee who has a dark past and is already suing to keep control of the seat.
Former Maryland Delegate Tiffany Alston is still barred from office despite a reduction of her sentence on misconduct charges, according to an opinion issued Tuesday evening by the state attorney general's office.
The Prince George's County man chosen to replace former Maryland Delegate Tiffany Alston is still in line to take her place after state officials on Tuesday ruled her seat to be vacant and a county committee declined to act on the governor's request to withdraw his appointment.
Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley has asked Prince George's County Democrats to withdraw their choice of a controversial candidate to fill a seat in the House of Delegates.
The Prince George's County Democratic Central Committee on Friday chose Gregory A. Hall, a businessman and 2010 delegate hopeful, as the replacement for Maryland Delegate Tiffany Alston.
Anne Arundel County could play a pivotal role in the newly aligned 4th Congressional District race, though no candidate from there has officially entered the race.
More Republicans than Democrats have signed up to unseat Rep. Roscoe Bartlett in the April primary, even though boundary changes made during redistricting favor Democrats in the general election.