- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Democratic National Committee
Latest Democratic National Committee Items
Guest lineups for the Sunday TV news shows:
The article "House vote reaffirms 'In God we trust' " (Web, Nov. 1) reported that the House of Representatives voted to keep this phrase as our national motto. It also states that this motto was reaffirmed by the Senate five years ago.
Former President Bill Clinton says in a new book that last summer's political fight over raising the U.S. debt ceiling made the nation look "weak and confused" overseas and he doesn't know why President Barack Obama didn't seek a hike in the limit when Democrats still controlled both houses of Congress.
With Sunday marking the one-year countdown to Election Day 2012 and his approval rating stuck in the low 40s, President Obama will have to defy American electoral history if he is to win re-election.
As Tuesday's vote in Mississippi on "personhood" nears, opponents are stepping up their warnings that such a law would end legal abortion and hamper birth- control and infertility treatments.
New Hampshire on Wednesday scheduled its first-in-the-nation presidential primary for Jan. 10, finally giving candidates a concrete calendar after months of uncertainty.
New Hampshire has scheduled its first-in-the-nation presidential primary for Jan. 10, finally giving candidates a concrete calendar after months of uncertainty.
President Obama topped 60 fundraisers for the year Tuesday night as he raked in more campaign cash from Hollywood elites and entertainers on a three-day swing through Western states.
Testing a re-election theme, President Barack Obama is telling donors during a fundraising rich tour of three western states that the country is suffering from an economic crisis and from a political crisis. "People are crying out for action," he says.