- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
Democratic National Committee
Latest Democratic National Committee Items
Kaine announces Senate bid; Va. House advances redistricting plan; Hearing today in slaying of Redskins' Taylor; Audit finds irregularities in Brown campaign; Surprise turn in Md. bill for life-sentencing parole, Md. House considers tuition breaks for illegal immigrants
Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, a congresswoman from South Florida and a key White House supporter, has been chosen as the next head of the Democratic National Committee.
Democratic National Committee Chairman Tim Kaine announced on Tuesday a campaign for the U.S. Senate that promises to break spending records, become fiercely competitive and capture national attention.
The federal health care overhaul's core requirement to make virtually all citizens buy health insurance or face tax penalties is constitutional because Congress has the authority to regulate interstate business, the Justice Department said in its appeal of a ruling that struck down the Obama administration's signature legislation.
Millions of retired and disabled people in the United States had better brace for another year with no increase in Social Security payments.
In a political career already noted for historic breakthroughs, President Obama is poised in 2012 to chalk up another: the nation's first $1 billion candidate.
Former Virginia Gov. L. Douglas Wilder isn't wild about Tim Kaine's chances in the upcoming race for the U.S. Senate seat of retiring Democrat Sen. Jim Webb.
Democratic National Committee Chairman Tim Kaine told a law school class he's likely to run for a Senate seat next year, a party spokesman said Monday.
Democratic National Committee Chairman Tim Kaine told a college class he's likely to run for a Senate seat next year, a party spokesman said Monday.