- PHILLIPS: The benefits of defying ‘common wisdom’
- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region; Pentagon denies
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
Democratic National Committee
Latest Democratic National Committee Items
Kaine announces Senate bid; Va. House advances redistricting plan; Hearing today in slaying of Redskins' Taylor; Audit finds irregularities in Brown campaign; Surprise turn in Md. bill for life-sentencing parole, Md. House considers tuition breaks for illegal immigrants
Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, a congresswoman from South Florida and a key White House supporter, has been chosen as the next head of the Democratic National Committee.
Democratic National Committee Chairman Tim Kaine announced on Tuesday a campaign for the U.S. Senate that promises to break spending records, become fiercely competitive and capture national attention.
The federal health care overhaul's core requirement to make virtually all citizens buy health insurance or face tax penalties is constitutional because Congress has the authority to regulate interstate business, the Justice Department said in its appeal of a ruling that struck down the Obama administration's signature legislation.
Millions of retired and disabled people in the United States had better brace for another year with no increase in Social Security payments.
In a political career already noted for historic breakthroughs, President Obama is poised in 2012 to chalk up another: the nation's first $1 billion candidate.
Former Virginia Gov. L. Douglas Wilder isn't wild about Tim Kaine's chances in the upcoming race for the U.S. Senate seat of retiring Democrat Sen. Jim Webb.
Democratic National Committee Chairman Tim Kaine told a law school class he's likely to run for a Senate seat next year, a party spokesman said Monday.
Democratic National Committee Chairman Tim Kaine told a college class he's likely to run for a Senate seat next year, a party spokesman said Monday.